Search This Blog

Visits


View My Stats

Monday, August 22, 2011

Yahoo

I just wanted to share with you all a little slice of my life over the past week.  Just last Monday I got to work and tried to login to my Yahoo account.  Now, I don't use this account for email but strictly for Fantasy Sports.  In fact, over the past 5 years Fantasy Sports is the ONLY reason I even go to Yahoo.com.  So, as I try to login that morning I'm repeatedly hit with an error message that says I either have an invalid user name or password.  I know what your thinking... "are you sure you don't have CAPS LOCK ON?"  The answer is no... I did not have caps lock on and I didn't forget my password.  In fact it was the same password I've had for 5 years.

After about 50 or so failed login attempts I click the "Forgot Password?" link thinking they are going to email me a password reset prompt to my other email or let me answer some security questions to reset my password.  Well neither happened.  When I went through that process I would get another error message saying, "Oops, we're sorry but this account cannot be verified online.  Please contact customer care for assistance."  Now I'm starting to sweat.  I don't want to sound like a nerd here but I'm in the middle of a playoff race in my Fantasy Baseball league and I cannot afford to be locked out of my account for any period of time.  It's a 24 hour a day commitment.  Long story short, I fill out the customer care complaint form (about 15 times) and had it emailed to them. At this point they tell me I will be contacted within 24-48 hours.  Well it's been 7 days and I finally get a response and I have posted the exchange below, including one of my "angrier" complaint emails:
To Yahoo:
I swear to God I don't understand why this is such a f***ing process to have my f***ing password reset. GROW THE F**K UP YAHOO!! I can get this done in 2 minutes with Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook, or even snail mail. I can't comprehend why I have to email you lazy bastards to do this.  What is wrong with answering security questions? My phone number is ###-###-####, give me a call and at least pretend you actually have a customer service department and personally tell me why this is such a f***ing process! I have had this account for 5 years with the same password.  My password is ***** if that helps expedite this retarded process.
From Denise Fox at Yahoo:
Dear ****,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Customer Care.

Your Yahoo! Customer Care account was disabled pursuant to the Yahoo! Terms of Service (TOS). You agreed to abide by the TOS when you created your account with Yahoo!. The TOS can be found at:
  http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html
You agree that Yahoo!, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Yahoo! believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS.
Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Pulse.

Regards,

Denise Fox

Yahoo! Customer Care
From Me to Denise:

Really?? I would LOVE to know how I abused my account, please elaborate.  It certainly wasn't due to my lack of use so it must be that I "acted inconsistently  with the letter or spirit of the TOS."  This should be good considering I only use this account for Fantasy Sports, not email. Please respond with your answer.  

Also, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  Although you fell short of your stated time frame of 24 hours by about 7 days, I get the sense that you are acting swiftly on this matter. 

P.S. I am highly pissed off right now
From Anthony Karl at Yahoo:
(He actually just sends me the exact same email I got the first time from Denise Fox)
From Me to Anthony:
Dear Anthony Karl with a K, 
Thanks for clearing all of this up.  I read your TOS and it seems I was in violation of 1 or more of the 50 reasons my service can be terminated without my consent.  In no way shape or form was that a vague answer to my question on why my account was terminated by the folks inside your "Think Tank."

Now that I don't know what terms I violated I will be sure open a new account with Yahoo and pray that I don't go right back to my old ways and start doing whatever it is I wasn't supposed to be doing. I feel bad Anthony, should I apologize for what I did or didn't do?

Clear as mud Anthony Karl with a K, keep up the fine work over there. 

P.S.  Go F**k yourself Tony!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This EXACT same thing just happen to me. Same exact thing. Un-fucking-believable

Post a Comment